6.12.2015

Firecracker Eyes, Live On

There’s something unsettling
                                                with the state
of the world:

                                                Firecracker eyes,
                                                live on.

They watch
          as their tears
feed cancer:

                                                Raindrops on a
                                                Sunday afternoon.

Their sparks,
igniting

                                                Sick feelings,
                                                       Be wise,
                                                My truth.



                                                I comprehend you,
                                                World,
                                                I deliver you.

I shiver from you too.

                                                Sunshine Hotline,
                                                I call,
                                                I do.

Those are some mistakes,
World,
They really are,
It’s true.

Forgive me not,
World,
It’s fine;
It’s you.


                                                I lie cold in your breast,
                                                Find fault in your step,
                                                Feel home in your caress,


I bleed fountains of youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment