8.30.2013

Holy

Amid the fruitful night
I am wishing
For those sorrowful things
To vanish

I cling to the light
Like a moth fluttering––
My heart suddenly
Sinking

I want to take
All these old towels
And burn them––
                             To watch the shock
                             Of the hallowed smoke rise
                             And find the night
                             Again.



To them, I am small
To them, I am nothing

To them, I speak of high things
To them, I show nothing



And I watch as they
Speak of themselves
So downright holy
So downright knowing
                         
                                                               they are not.

And I watch as their
Mouths smirk,
Their shoulders assert
That they are something.



They are something
In this world.
Call it what you will,
But I kinda like it.


                                                Because inside
                                                A fire’s rising,
                                                A passion intensifying,
                                                To be right
                                                In my eyes.


I just want to say:
“Go to sleep, little child,
For tonight,
You are holy.

                                                         You are everything.”

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment