10.30.2012

Hospital II


I hear lifeflights over nurse calls outside my window,
my lightbearing window,
where the light rises and falls each day as if by habit
as if it’s been doing so for thousands of aeons
I watch it again and again
as shoes pitterpatter past my closed door
I do not wish to see them in their stretchers, oxygen tubes, casts,
      wheelchairs,
always looking in to see me covered in books and T.V. and comfort
      pillows
my casts not allowing me to move
my injuries so deep it will take time,
much more time,
I do not wish it to hurry
I do not wish to leave,
to be back on the walking streets with those gazing animals always
      wanting more from me,
for in here I can sleep
I can close my eyes and just feel the earth spin so calmly up here
      in this hospital bedroom
while out there I know it spins so violently
out there where every step matters and every hand position is
      telling of some inner thought
while in here I can lie on my back
and smoke vapor and dream 

No comments:

Post a Comment