7.23.2012

Science


         I am a man.
But, I am the sea. The sky.
The place where the sea meets the sky.

I am the ship
that sails past
the horizon and
lets its anchor fall
where no fish nor prey
can be seen.

                                       I live
                                       in the water,
                                       the clouds,
                                       the air.

                                       On the sun
                                       I visit
                                       The Holy Land
                                       where I’m from.

In the shadows
lies my soul.
darkened
yet effervescent.
streaming
with life.
unable
to be grasped.
by lightless
night.


a conspicuous calm
is overheard
by a love
blandly idling along.




                                       I am
                                       nowhere near.



                                       I’ve taken
                                       my Saturday nights
                                       and laid
                                       them along
                                       the flowing waters
                                       of opportunity
                                       wasted.

                                                                  Gone again.
                                                                  She whistles
                                                                  melodies
                                                                  of eternity.



                                       I am
                                       gaining ground.
                                      


                                       My Friday
                                       Fever –
                                       fleeting,
                                       falling
                                       to depths
                                       unknown
                                       and mysterious.

a head-first
dive right in:
sad to see
the young
drunk again,
lusting
for her,
for him,
for their own
right hand.

I crashed
suddenly,
on Epiphany
and she said to me,  “You’ve been there, you are there,
                                  you will remain there,
                                  you Need Me.”

                                                                 


       my eyes open,
                                                                   my mind open,
                                                                   my heart
                                                                   my soul
                                                       willing to be freed…

“Even Jesus can’t save you from your self”

                                     “No, not yet”

                                     “You must want it”

                                     “With every ounce of energy
                                                          left inside”

And she came to me
On a white gazelle,
whispered once,
“I’ll see you
on the
Dark Side
of The
Moon.”

And I fell
to my knees,
crying,
in prayer,
as God
revealed
my future
and hope.

                                       And then the answer came
                                       after she had gone: “I’ve
                                       been there, I am there, I
                                       will always be there. And
                                       I Need You here. Now.”

a cosmic disturbance
felt only by me – “Wait.”


                                       I am
                                       eternally steadfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment