7.20.2012

Hollow

If I had
a fairy
in my pocket,

                       I'd sing to her
                       all day without
                       stop.

      And then,
      when times
      became black,
      she'd turn
      them to
                  orange,
                            and I'd fight back
                            against the slow
                            decibels of predatory
                                                             time.


                          Believe me,
                          when I see thee
                          hollowed out
                          against the snow,

                                                       this lost poem
                                                       will find you
                                                       and keep you
                                                       warm

                                                                     in the gloam.

No comments:

Post a Comment